Wednesday 27 May 2009

Wednesday Stamper "Green an dPurple"


The theme at Wednesday Stamper is to create something using purple and green. Not a colour combo I would naturally choose, but hey, nothing like a good challenge...
I chose the image because of it's colouring, felt that the lady looked rather like a greek goddess, so that's what prompted the words. I covered it all in UTEEH to give it a glass like appearance. When cold I cracked it and then rubbed vintage photo distress into the cracks. Not very successful. The background stamp I think is a Tim Holtz but I can't quite remember.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Wonderful effect. Love them.

Anonymous said...

Astrid, how very gorgeous.. I really love that UTEE cracking technique. Thanks for reminding me that it exists. I think your colors are beautiful and so is your Greek goddess.
Faye

Lori Saul said...

Very soft , lovely piece. Beautiful use of materials!

Anonymous said...

very very great

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Beautiful depth and feel to this piece Astrid, the UTEE really adds to the mystery of it!

Rosie said...

I love it! The craked and distressed effect looks great! =)

PS - the clear bases are fun, aren't they? ;o)

Svenja said...

Lovely card. I like the glass-like effect. Maybe I should try out my UTEE after all?

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So beautiful!!

Amy said...

this is a nice treasure..I love how you cracked it..great work

Anneke said...

absolute gorgeous work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key