Tuesday 4 October 2016

Of friends and dies and just good fun....

Hello all and thanks for dropping in. Today I would like to share another couple of Christmas cards with you.
Last week I was lucky enough to visit two of my craft friends, the lovely mother and daughter pair, Rita and Annie. We decided that we would all share some of our Christmassy dies and do lots of diecutting, and that's what we did. Well apart from also sharing some wonderful food, courtesy of Rita, and lots of chat and laughter of course.
Anyway, then Annie set us the challenge to all post a project using the dies we had cut by Wednesday  October 5, so here you go, yay, I made two and am posting a day early lol.
Below some close ups:
As I knew it was mostly about the diecuts, and no real stamping involved, I did a kind of mixed media background, using scrapbook paper, stencils and texture paste and colouring with a mix of sprays and inks.

The dies were mostly coloured with Distress products, Crayons, Markers and Inks.
The words are Tim Holtz dies, the lantern was from Sweet Dixie I think.
I love these little ivy corners, - they are Marianne Creatables.

I always admire people that decorate both the out -  and inside of their cards, and with so many ready cut dies available I decided to do that too for once...

Card number two, was done in a similar way, this time using a little image as a focal point.
A bit more collage work on this one, but still plenty of dies too. The image is from last year's Papermania Victorian Christmas collection.
I edged the image with Stampendous Ancient Silver embossing powder, the ticket is a very old Tim Holtz stamps. The dies are mainly in the background.
And here is the inside of this one, apart from the sentiment the whole thing was again put together using various dies.
The ornament is a Marianne Creatable again, I love how these come out when embossed. I actually own that one, so I know it will be used a few times this year....
I think the pine branches are from Sue Wilson, I coloured them with Distress Crayons and Inks. The poinsettia was in my stash, left over from last year.
Well, that's it, - I hope I have inspired you a bit to take out your own dies, and thanks Rita and Annie for a fantastic day!!
xxxxx

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards, glad you had a fun day with Annie and Rita. Hugs, Valerie

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonitos!!!!! me encantan!!!!!!!!

chrissie said...

Terrific cards and such a wonderful idea to share the die cuts with friends. The cards are very beautiful with the textures you added and the die cuts fit in perfectly

Love Chrissie xx

Annie said...

Woohoo!!!! How fabulous Astrid x not just 1 but 2cards decorated inside and out............fabulous x
It was a great day as always. Love the wonderful textures and details on both cards............hope I can manage to meet the challenge too xxxx

Redanne said...

Both cards are beautiful Astrid and I love how you finished the insides too, they look wonderful. Great use of the die cuts, a fantastic challenge too! xxx

Adriana B said...

how beautiful are these vintage christmas cards, so beautiful, I love the idea of decorating the inside too :) have a great week

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards! What a wonderful way to showcase the dies!

Margaret Mifsud said...

How lovely to have a scrapping day with friends .. must have been lots of fun! Both these cards are sensational Astrid and I love the way you did the inside .. absolutely gorgeous!!! hugs xx

Rita said...

Good Afternoon Astrid. What wonderful cards you have created with the die exchange challenge. So stunning, your mojo has certainly returned. I have scheduled my tag for tomorrow. Had a really busy week-end with visitors from the Lake District and that held me back big time. The best laid plans o mice and men gan aft aglae as spoken by our Scottish bard Robert Burns. Hugs Rita xxxx

Dorthe said...

Astrid, they are so very sweet and wonderful. Filled with old time Christmas spirit and beauty. Love all the diecuts you used to reach this special feeling of Christmas.
Dorthe, Xoxo

rachel said...

so glad to hear you had a good day with Rita and Annie - so lovely that you can meet and craft together. I love your makes too - beautiful xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Nothing like crafty friends! LOVE your makes...oh the textures! Gorgeous!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful cards using the die cuts and the insides are great as well. Sounds like you had a lovely day crafting with friends.
Yvonne xx

Brenda Brown said...

Yay, fabulous cards Astrid and great use of the diecuts with your brilliant mixed media backgrounds. Great to catch you all together and chat to you and Annie on the phone with Rita in the background too xx

XxJULESxX said...

I cant think of a better way to spend the day!! cards are just brill!

Maryann Laursen said...

Simply amazing cards you made when you were with your friends Astrid. Both of them are truly fabulous as always and looks outstanding. You did as always a wonderful job on these and managed the challenge to perfection.

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful cards! Always fun to craft with friends!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Two beautiful cards Astrid! What a fun way to spend a day and then follow it up with even more fun!Chrisx

A Pink said...

What a great challenge and your two cards are both wonderful both inside and out . Great to hear you all had a lovely time together .
hugs x

Deb said...

Lovely cards Astrid and sounds like a wonderful time with Annie and Rita, perfect way to spend time with crafty friends! Deb xo

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, these two are delightful! Love the Christmassy die-cuts layered in, and what fun to share the Christmas card burden with Annie and Rita. I do envy your Scottish get-togethers!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key