Saturday 9 September 2017

Second Look - an Autumnal Journal page

Hello friends, thanks for dropping by. While I am away from home and unable to do many new crafting projects, I thought I would share some of my older Shimmerz projects that have never been shown here.
I started this spread by covering the pages with a layer of extra thick gesso uisng a credit card

Here you can see a close up of the texture, - dried with a heat gun to add some additional bubbles and raised bits.
Next I adhered two of Tim Holtz's Layered Leaves, embossed with the matching folder and then painted with some Decoart crackle paint.
Here you can see more clearly what happens when you heat the gesso with the heatgun. I love the additional textures you get.
Next I set to work with sprays in autumnal colours of browns and greens

I added some background stamping and some random strips of tissue tape to add a bit more interest to the background.
I added some darker coloured spray with a paintbrush, to add a little more depth. 
And finally a word die to finish it all off.

Well that's it for today, thank you for your visit like always and happy weekend, with hopefully some crafting and creating!
xxxxx

17 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! The texture is wonderful but once you add the Shimmerz it really does become TEXTURE!!
Chrisx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful pages. Enjoy your time in Australia. Hug, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous textures and fabulous pages xxx

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut gorgeous work once again Astrid. Sooo beautiful texture and shimmer to it, that really finish it of.

brenda said...

The depth and texture you achieve never fails to amaze me Astrid and as I love anything Autumnal this one works very well for me.

B x

Dorthe said...

I love these pages Astrid , the leaves looks gorgeous and that background with the bobbled gesso , wow.The fall colors are beautiful and the shimmer always amazing !!!
Hugs Dorthe

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous pages Astrid, it looks a good technique to use the heat on the thick gesso.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

Oh, this is so beautiful Astrid, I just love all the texture you created in the background, the colours are wonderful and the leaves are gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

I love all the texture you created on this piece with the gesso, leaves and crackle paint! I had never thought of using a heat gun on the gesso and the bubbles are amazing, thanks for the inspiration - this is definitely something to try 😁. The metallic look on the leaves is beautiful and makes them shine! Wishing you a Happy Sunday and a great new week! J 😊

froebelsternchen said...

Adorable textures and colours on this pages Astrid!

Dortesjs said...

waue love this pages

Candy C said...

Astrid...these pages are gorgeous! I love the extra thick layer of gesso! That really makes the pages so so dimensional. Your leaves are lovely! I love your choice of color sprays and you've done such a beautiful job with them. I seem to get a little heavy handed with them! :) Beautiful work, as always! Thanks for sharing!

Pamellia said...

Wow Astrid, what a gorgeous journal page! I just want to reach out and touch all of that amazing texture in the background and on those leaves! Wonderful subtle stamped designs and the washi tape is a great addition. This is so perfect for this time of year, just stunning work! hugs :)

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely to see these textured leaves getting an outing here... beautiful page spread.
Alison x

Jackie PN said...

again with your textures! I just love how you build up your layers Astrid- gorgeous textures!!!
Jackie xx

Henry said...

Wow, you created a gorgeous autumnal page!!!! Your textures and colors are just fascinating!!! Please keep sharing:)
Henry

sanpiseth40 said...

This is so perfect for this time of year, just stunning work! hugs :)


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key