Friday 10 November 2017

Back from Australia and Rubber Dance Bird album

Hello friends, welcome, specially also to all my new followers, thank you so much for being here!
Well, I have finally returned from Australia after nearly 3 months, and though I will miss my grand daughters a lot, it is also good to be back home again (and my craft space and supplies).

Today I am sharing the cover of a little book I made using the Sizzix Eileen Hull Mini Album die and some free stamps I received from Rubber Dance.
I decided to use this little album to keep photos of some of the amazing birds I saw in Australia. The stamps I used are from the Merry Magpie set, and there certainly are plenty of magpies there! Though in real life I much prefer all the other colourful birds that frequently visited the back yard where my son had built a little bird house. Anyway on to the project:
As you can see, - after cutting the actual album covers from matboard, I coloured them in various Distress Ink green tones. Next I took a  postage stamp die cut that was still flying around my craft desk and painted it with Decoart crackle paint.
Once the cracks appeared I painted it with dark brown acrylic paint and then rubbed Decoart white antiquing cream into the cracks.
I cut a piece of card coloured with blue shades of Distress inks for the background and then played with the various stamps in the set to decorate the rest of the panel.
 Apart from the sentiment that was stamped straight onto the background and then clear embossed, I stamped all of the other elements on separate bits of card, fussy cut, coloured  and then positioned them until I was happy with the composition.
These stamps are not my usual style but I had great fun playing them. All of the Rubber Dance stamps are great for all sorts of projects, be they cards, mixed media and specially also art journaling. If you don't know them yet do check them out.
Well, that's it for now, but before I leave I will just share a few of the photos I intend to keep in the album.


It's strange to jump from late Spring straight into late Autumn, here in Scotland it starts getting dark already just after 4, - that will take some getting used to again.... Anyway, thanks for visiting my little blog and I hope to be more active in blogland again and pay return visits just as much as I can.
xxxxx

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous album and I love the birds you saw, not what I see on m balcony! Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

It is a beautiful small album. It will look wonderful inside as well when you get the photos you shared into it.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful album! The more I see of this die the more I think I should be moving it nearer to the top of my list! A great way to record your memories!Hugs,Chrisx

brenda said...

Welcome hone Astrid an d what a wonderful album to mark your return. The photos of the amazing birds are lovely, hard to imagine such beauties are normal back garden visitors in Australia.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

What a delightful book - I love the crackled postage stamp frame, perfect to draw the eye to that wonderful bird. And such a lovely way to keep a record of your Australian avian encounters - fab photos! Lovely to have you back.
Alison x

Pamellia said...

It's wonderful to have to back Astrid! I do hope you had a wonderful visit with your family and a great experience with your travels! Your album is so amazing!I love that postage stamp style frame and the sentiment is just wonderful, but my favourite is that incredible bird! This will make an amazing keepsake for your photos!

Speaking of photos, I can't believe you got to see these birds just hanging around at the bird feeder! What a wonderful world of wildlife you must have experienced! You probably wouldn't be too surprised if said... 'more photos please'! lol. sending hugs

Dorthe said...

Welcome home Astrid, it surely must be strange with weather, an d all other differences after 3 months away :-) , and I understand both your missing family, and feeling happy to be around your own things, again.
Your bird journal, front page is wonderful, with the magpie stamp, created by Melina from Sweeden- I have it too :-) The crackled postage frame, looks amazing with the inside bird, and the colors you used around it.
Hugs, Dorthe

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic album and such beautiful photos! I can imagine that it is too strange to come from Australia right now into this dark dull November weather here !
oxo Susi

Redanne said...

Lovely to have you back home! Your little album is beautiful Astrid and the postage frame looks amazing on top, with the crackle - love that! The bird is beautiful too!

Love your photos of the birds - that pelican like bird is fabulous! There photos will look wonderful in your new album! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen Wallace said...

A delightful small album, rich in colour and texture and with that stunning bird on the cover, it makes quite a statement. So glad you had time with your family; so important when they grow to fast, but it's always wonderful to get home again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Welcome home Astrid! Must have been so hard saying goodbye to your grandies but, as you said, it is always nice to be home. So pleased for you that you had such a great time.
I love your gorgeous little album!! Loving the colours and textures on the cover and that postage stamp frame is fabulous! I oohed and aahed over that stunning little bird and I love the sentiment. Gorgeous bird shots too! Would love to see more of those!! Your album will be the perfect place to keep them! Have a wonderful day! hugs xx

Rita said...

Gorgeous little album Astrid. That bird really looks spectacular. Looking forward to seeing you soon and hearing all about your trips. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Welcome home! So glad to see you had such happy travels and are home safely 😁. Your little album is delightful and the stamps you used and the colours of Mr. Magpie are beautiful! I love the crackle frame too 😁. It's perfect to keep all those amazing bird photos you captured! The weather here has turned much colder and we had frost overnight - brrrr! I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

Jackie PN said...

Welcome home Astrid!!
Those bird photos are wonderful and will go perfectly in your Beautiful album!! What a lovely make!
Get some rest before you hop back into things- that time change can sure wear a body down!
sending hugs,Jackie ")

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key